Let me share with you a prayer by Saint Francis of Assisi. It is a, somewhat, well-known prayer for most Catholics since way back then, but had been slowly forgotten by the youth of today. It is a prayer that asked not for gifts from God, but a prayer asking God to help us do what is good and right in our every thoughts and actions. Saint Francis believed that “Above all the grace and the gifts that Christ gives to his beloved is that of overcoming self.” Let us pray to the Lord that he may grant us the strength, the courage, and the wisdom to overcome our human frailties,.
A prayer that we sorely need in this troubled times.
- Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
- Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
- Where there is injury, pardon.
- Where there is doubt, faith.
- Where there is despair, hope.
- Where there is darkness, light.
- Where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master,
- grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
- to be understood, as to understand;
- to be loved, as to love.
- For it is in giving that we receive.
- It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
- and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.